Trinity Hospice/Brian House complies with the Licence Conditions and Code of Practice governing the procedures for self-exclusion. We will take all reasonable steps to prevent an individual who has entered a self-exclusion agreement with ourselves from participating in our lottery.
Should a member of our staff receive correspondence from an individual who wishes to be self-excluded they will send out a Lottery Exclusion form to be completed and returned. Upon the return of the form the individual’s details will be entered onto the self-exclusion register. This will then be cross referenced against the existing membership and any new members signed up for the lottery for the period of the exclusion.
We will not target the individual with marketing material at any time during the self-exclusion. We will take steps to remove the name and details of a self-excluded individual from any marketing databases used by ourselves.
We will close any membership of an individual who has entered a self-exclusion agreement and return any funds held in their name.
We have put into effect the following procedures to ensure that an individual who has self-excluded cannot gain access to the lottery.
• A register of those excluded with appropriate records (name, address, lottery number, and any other appropriate comments).
• Staff training to ensure that staff can recognise and enforce the system.
• An individual must take positive action in order to self-exclude by way of a signature.
• The self-exclusion period is a minimum of six months (giving members the option of extending this if they so wish)
• The self-excluded member must take positive action to be removed from the self-exclusion and be able to enter the lottery at a future date.
• The record of the self-exclusion will remain on file until the agreement has been formally ended.